What types of Computer repair are offered?
Some of the main repairs that are provided include screen replacement, battery replacement, keyboard damage repair, fan issue, and top case replacement.
Computer screen repair
How long does it take to repair a computer screen?
It takes an hour or two for a cracked computer screen repair.
How to stop your laptop screen from breaking?
Handle your laptop with care, and if possible, use a protective screen cover.
Computer battery replacement
How long does it take to replace a computer battery?
It takes roughly two hours to replace a laptop’s battery.
How to stop your laptop battery from damage?
Avoid overcharging your laptop, and don’t use it in extreme temperatures. Also, don’t let the charger plug into your laptop all the time.
Computer fan replacement
How long does it take to repair a computer fan?
It takes an hour on average to replace a laptop’s fan. Time may vary depending on the fan’s availability and how busy the store is.
How to stop your laptop fan from breaking?
Always keep vents clean, use your laptop on hard, flat surfaces, and regularly remove dust from vents.
The MacBook repair process may vary from other laptops, but the partners of Simply Fixable have the expertise to fix any issues related to this device.
Simply Fixable and its associated stores provide solutions for fixing Asus laptops, addressing both common and model-specific problems.
Professional repair services tailored to Dell laptops, covering everything from minor problems to complex hardware issues, are offered by the repair stores approved by Simply Fixable.
Simply Fixable ensures that their partner repair stores meet repair guidelines for all kinds of laptop repairs, including Lenovo-specific issues.
Common Computer problems That Could Be Fixed With Us
These are some of the problems faced by laptop users:
Laptop black screen
Faulty display or graphic driver issues can cause laptop black screen that can be fixed by updating or reinstalling the graphic drivers. To prevent this from happening again, regularly update drivers and software.
Laptop won't turn on
Power supply issues or battery problems can prevent the laptop from turning on, but it can be fixed by hard reset. To prevent this issue in the future, regularly check the battery’s health and avoid overcharging your laptop.
Laptop Won't Charge
A damaged charger or drained battery, or fault in the charging port can stop the laptop from charging. Test the charger and clean the charging port to see if it resolves the issue. To avoid this issue in the future, handle your charging cords and charging port with care.
Laptop Battery Draining Fast
Background applications running in the background or an aging battery can cause it to drain fast. Check your battery and the applications not in use to resolve the issue. Also, check the battery’s health regularly and keep your laptop updated.
Dust build-up in the vent or damage to fans can cause the laptop to overheat. Clean the vent and check the damage in the fan to fix the issue. Use your laptop on hard, flat surfaces; clean vents regularly to avoid overheating of the laptop in the future.
Laptop keeps restarting
Overheating, software bugs, or hardware issues can cause the laptop to restart continuously. Check if the laptop is overheating, and update the software to resolve the issue. In the future, avoid overheating and keep the software updated.
Laptop Touch Screen Not Working
Software glitches or physical damage to the screen can stop the touch functionality. Reset the laptop or replace the screen to check if the touch screen functionality works again. Always use your laptop screen with care and keep it updated.
Laptop Won't Connect to WiFi
Incorrect network settings can stop your laptop from connecting to WiFi. To connect, restart the router, and if it still doesn’t connect, reset the router. To prevent this issue in the future, don’t share your network password with anyone, and regularly update network drivers.
Laptop water damage
Exposure to liquid can cause water damage to your laptop. Power off your laptop immediately, take the laptop out, and let it dry. To avoid such damage, keep the laptop away from liquids.
Laptop frozen screen
Frozen screen can be caused by software bugs that can be fixed by software updates or hard reset. Avoid overloading your laptop and keep updating to avoid such issues from happening in the future.
Who is Simply Fixable?
Simply Fixable is a platform that connects customers with local repair shops that have been vetted and approved by Simply Fixable. Our mission is to make it easy and affordable for people to get their mobile devices repaired. Our selection ensures everyone has access to high-quality and affordable device repair services across the USA.
How much does it cost to repair a computer?
The cost to repair your laptop depends on the severity and type of damage. Laptop battery replacement may cost you more than laptop screen repair. Similarly, the cost also varies from brand to brand and further down to model. The latest models of laptops come with new features and technologies, and therefore, their repairs and replacement costs are higher.
How long does it take to repair a computer?
Depending on the brand and model of your laptop and parts availability, it takes anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours to repair a screen. Battery replacement takes roughly 2 hours or less, depending on how busy the store is. Other issues, such as fan replacement, take about an hour and a half.
Is it worth repairing a computer?
With time, our computer can wear out and stop functioning like it should. This can interrupt our day-to-day online tasks. Issues such as computer overheating, screen turning black, screen freezing, or charging issues indicate that there is something wrong that needs to be repaired. Or, if the issue is serious, one might not want to spend money on repair and buy a new laptop instead.
If you are unable to decide whether to spend money on laptop repair or invest in a new one, see the pros and cons of both below.
Repairing a computer
- Repairing a computer is cheaper than buying a new one.
- You don’t have to go through the hassle of transferring data from one computer to another.
- To improve the performance, you can upgrade your SSD or RAM.
- Laptop repair might bring more issues in the future.
- Your older computer may not run many latest programs, which may impact the device’s performance.
- If your computer is aged, you may require frequent repairs.
Buying a new computer
- You’ll have access to the latest machines and their upgraded features.
- New computers come with a warranty, which means many damages will be covered for a specific period of time.
- Buying a new computer is costly, especially the ones with high specifications like the latest generation, high SSD, and RAM capacity.
- It will take time and effort to set up a new computer and transfer all your data from the old device.
How do you know if your computer is damaged?
Identifying any issues with your computer can be challenging. Sometimes, you cannot even find the issue and end up taking the device to the repair store. If you don’t want to end up spending money on basic repairs, look for these signs to troubleshoot your computer at home:
- Look for any physical damage, such as cracks on the screen or anywhere else, dents, or damage to the keyboard.
- If any of your keyboard keys stop working, there may be an issue with your keyboard that needs to be addressed.
- Observe any sounds coming from your computer that you’ve never heard before, like whirring or grinding. It could be coming from the fans or the hard drive.
- Overheating of your computer can also indicate damage to the internal components.
- Performance issues such as long boot times, programs crashing, or system rebooting by itself can also indicate there is something wrong with your computer.
- Black screen, flashing screen, or lines on the screen indicate graphic issues in your computer.
Can you fix a computer by yourself?
Yes, you can repair your laptop by yourself, particularly if the issue is software-related or involves basic hardware upgrades or replacements. Common laptop issues, such as slow performance, flashing screen, and software glitches, can be easily resolved by following online DIY guidelines.
However, it’s recommended to take your laptop to a computer repair shop in your area for complex issues like motherboard troubleshooting or laptop internal repair. These issues are major and can be challenging to resolve by yourself.
DIY computer repair
DIY laptop repair
DIY laptop repair saves you money on labor.
One wrong step can cause further damage to your laptop.
You can repair your laptop anytime without having to go to a laptop repair shop.
Laptop repairs can be more challenging than fixing desktops.
Any minor issue can be resolved quickly without delaying your online tasks.
Some tools or parts are difficult to find in-store or online.
Professional computer repair
Your laptop will be fixed by professionals with the right skills and knowledge.
It can be expensive to get a laptop repaired by professionals.
Professional laptop repairs come with a warranty of a minimum of 90 days.
There is a risk of losing or exposing your data.
Should you buy a new computer or get it repaired?
Buying a new computer
New laptop comes with advanced technologies and features.
Purchasing a new computer is more expensive as compared to repairing the current one.
It will come with warranty coverage for a specific period of time.
Transferring data, installing applications, and configuring settings can be time-consuming.
Repairing your old computer
Repairing a laptop is cheaper than buying a new one.
Older computers may need more frequent repairs, adding up to the cost.
Some issues with your laptop can be fixed by just small upgrades like increased RAM and/or SSD.
Repaired older laptops might still lag in performance as compared to the new models.
What type of computer repair services exist?
Many repair stores in the United States offer three types of repair services: ‘mail-in service’, ‘local repair services’, and ‘come-to-you repair services’.
Mail-in Repair Services
- Mail-in is an easy process to repair your laptop without leaving your home. You have to mail your device and wait for its return.
- This service is accessible from any location, no matter where you reside in the United States.
- There is a lack of face-to-face interaction, which may be required in some scenarios.
- Potential for damage to the device during transit.
Local Repair Services
- Allows direct communication with the technician about the issue and repair progress.
- Turnaround is quicker as compared to mail-in repair service.
- Some repair stores may not have the parts or expertise required to repair your laptop.
- Service quality may vary from store to store.
Come-to-you Repair Services
- Repairs are done at your location, be it at home or office, saving you traveling time.
- This service is ideal for urgent repairs, as the technician immediately works on the issue.
- This service type often comes with higher costs as compared to other repair services.
- The range of repairs might be limited as not every technician may be free to come for laptop repair when needed.
How to choose the right repair store for your computer repair?
Choosing the right repair store for your computer is crucial not only for ensuring a quality repair but also for safeguarding your device and the data it contains. Here are some key factors to consider when selecting a repair service:
- Check the customers’ feedback and ratings from websites like Google, Yelp, and local forums.
- Ask your friends and family around about any reliable repair store that they have used in the past.
- Check if the technicians have relevant certifications (e.g., Microsoft or Apple Certified).
- Go to a few repair stores to compare prices, but remember, the cheapest option isn’t always the best.
Who will be fixing your computer?
Simply Fixable is a reputable option for those seeking laptop repair services in the United States. This platform connects customers with reliable local repair stores in your area. Their partner stores include skilled and experienced technicians, and they focus on providing a wide range of services, from common issues like virus removal and software troubleshooting to more complex hardware repairs like screen replacements or battery replacement.
Where else can you get your computer fixed?
Besides the typical local laptop repair stores or mail-in services, there are several other options where you can get your computer fixed. For brands like Apple, Dell, HP, Asus, Acer, etc., using an authorized service center will give you an advantage over local repair stores. At official repair stores, you’ll have peace of mind of getting your laptop repaired with genuine parts and by trained technicians.
How are partner stores selected at Simply Fixable?
Partner stores are likely chosen based on their staff's technical expertise and qualifications, the type of repairs they offer, and the availability of parts. Online reviews, customer testimonials, and overall community reputation are key factors in selecting a partner repair store. Stores that provide warranties on their repairs might be preferred, which indicates confidence in their work.
All the partner stores must adhere to the repair guidelines set by Simply Fixable to ensure each repair is done safely and effectively.
How are parts that are used during your repair sourced?
The partner stores of Simply Fixable are required to use only the industry-standard and high-quality parts for all kinds of laptop repairs.
How to prepare your computer for repair?
Here is how you should prepare your laptop before sending it to the repair store:
- Save all important files to an external hard drive or cloud storage if you have a MacBook.
- Ensure the laptop has sufficient charge, or at least bring the charger along.
- If necessary, write down any passwords the technician might need (or remove password requirements).
- Unplug all peripherals from your laptop, like USB drives, mouse, etc.
- Take notes or photos of your laptop's physical condition to record any pre-existing damage. This may also help you to identify any damage during the repair process.
How long would the laptop last after it’s repaired?
The lifespan of a laptop after repair largely depends on the nature of the repair, the age and model of the laptop, and how well it's maintained after repair. If the damage is not serious, your laptop can easily last you 3 to 4 years post-repair.
Tips to keep your computer running smoothly and avoid problems
Follow these tips to keep your laptop running smoothly without any issues:
- Keep your laptop’s operating system and all software up to date.
- Ensure proper ventilation, and clean fans and vents periodically with a soft brush.
- Avoid opening suspicious websites and downloading from unknown sources.
- Handle your laptop with care and avoid drinking near it.
- Take care of your charger, and don’t let it plug into your laptop all the time. Unplug it when the laptop is fully charged.
How to update Asus BIOS
Asus Laptop Black Screen
ASUS laptop won't turn on
Acer Laptop Won’t Turn On
Lenovo Laptop Wont Turn On
Lenovo laptop black screen
HP Laptop Won't Turn On
Why is my Macbook Fan So Loud?
MacBook Won't Turn On
Why Is My Laptop So Slow?
Laptop Won't Turn On
Mastering Acer Challenges: The Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide
Troubleshooting Asus Devices: Common Issues & Solutions