What types of Tablet repair are offered?
The partner stores of Simply Fixable offer a wide range of services, including cracked tablet screen repair, tablet battery replacement, charging port, front and back camera, head tablet jack, loudspeaker, home/power button, back camera lens, tablet glass repair, and water damage repair.
Tablet screen repair
How long does it take to repair a Tablet screen?
It takes 45 minutes to repair a tablet screen.
How to stop the tablet screen from breaking?
Use a high-quality screen protector and a protective case to minimize the risk of tablet screen breakage.
Tablet battery replacement
How long does it take to replace a Tablet battery?
It takes 30 minutes on average for tablet battery replacement.
How to prevent the Tablet battery from being damaged?
Avoid putting your tablet in extreme temperatures, and refrain from letting your tablet’s battery drain to 0%.
Tablet charging port repair
How long does it take to repair a Tablet charging port?
It takes 45 minutes to repair the tablet charging port.
How to prevent the Tablet charging port from being broken?
Gently insert and remove the tablet charger from the charging port and avoid putting pressure on it.
If you are facing any issues with your iPad, such as a cracked screen, overheating, iPad not charging, and unable to fix it yourself, you should take it to a repair store in your area for troubleshooting.
Samsung tablet users often complain about minor issues with the device such as a frozen screen, screen going black, tablet overheating, and battery not charging. These problems can be fixed by following simple steps such as restarting the tablet, factory resetting, or replacing the battery.
Common Tablet Problems That Could Be Fixed With Us
Here are some of the common problems faced by tablet users:
Broken Tablet screen
Mishandling of a tablet can break the screen, which will require screen replacement. To avoid screen damage, use a screen protector and a strong case.
Tablet won’t turn on
An issue with the battery or charging port may prevent your tablet from turning on. You can fix this issue by replacing the tablet’s battery. To avoid such issues in the future, take care of the battery and don’t let it drain to 0%.
Tablet won’t charge
A drained battery or an issue with the charger cable may prevent your tablet from charging. You can check your charging cable or replace the battery to fix the issue. Replace your tablet's battery to prevent such problems from happening in the future.
Too much pressure on the charging port can break it and prevent it from charging the tablet. This issue can be fixed by replacing the charging port. Take proper care of your charging port to avoid any breakage.
Power-hungry apps, poor ventilation, or battery issues cause tablet overheating. Battery replacement, closing the apps, or cooling down the temperature can resolve this issue. To avoid these issues in the future, refrain from putting your tablet in extreme temperatures, always close the power-intensive apps when not in use, and take good care of your tablet’s battery.
Tablet black screen
It can result from software glitches, faulty display, or hardware malfunctions. Replacing the screen or addressing software or hardware-related issues can fix the black screen. Regular software updates and taking care of the screen can stop the tablet screen from turning black in the future.
Tablet won’t turn off
It can happen typically due to software or hardware malfunction. Resetting the tablet can resolve this issue. To avoid the issue from happening again, keep the tablet updated and avoid overloading it with too many apps.
Tablet battery draining fast
Old or defective battery can cause this issue, which can be fixed through battery replacement. Reduce screen brightness, close unnecessary apps, and replace the battery when it ages to avoid such issues in the future.
Tablet water damage
Direct exposure to water can damage your tablet. To resolve this issue, stop using the tablet until it dries out completely, and don’t take it near water to avoid any damage in the future.
Frozen tablet issues can arise from software errors or insufficient memory that can be fixed through a simple reset. Regularly update apps, reboot the tablet once in a while, and clear unused applications to avoid such issues from happening.
Who is Simply Fixable?
Simply Fixable is a platform that connects customers with local repair shops that have been vetted and approved by Simply Fixable. Our mission is to make it easy and affordable for people to get their mobile devices repaired. Our selection ensures everyone has access to high-quality and affordable device repair services across the USA.
How much does it cost to repair a Tablet?
The cost to repair a tablet varies depending on the brand and model. For instance, the tablet screen repair cost for iPad may be different from the iPad battery replacement cost and iPad charging port repair cost. Below, we are mentioning the average cost to repair iPads and Samsung tablets.
| Service Provider
|| Average Repair Cost
| Simply Fixable
Local repair service
|| Official iPad repair service
Table. iPad repair cost
*Data in the given table is based on Simply Fixable's market research and the official Apple website
How long does it take to repair a Tablet?
The repair time duration depends on the severity of the damage and availability of the required parts. To fix minor damages like screen replacement or battery replacement, it takes 45 minutes on average. Tablet charging port repair requires at least 30 minutes and can go up to a maximum of 2 hours.
Is it worth repairing a Tablet?
The decision to repair a tablet depends on several factors, such as the severity of damage, repair costs, and the age of the tablet. If your tablet’s screen is broken or the battery has aged, it’s better to repair it as these are considered minor issues and don’t cost much. They also may be covered under your warranty. However, in case of serious damage to your tablet, such as internal components repair, it may cause a dent in your wallet. If your tablet has been acting weird, and you have no idea whether to repair it or buy a new one, look at the pros and cons of both below before making a final decision.
Repairing a tablet
Pros: Repairing a tablet is more cost-effective than investing in a new one, and doesn’t risk losing your data or important files.
Cons: Getting your tablet repaired from an untrusted source can lead to further damage. Additionally, your tablet may start to perform slowly and result in more future issues.
Buying a new tablet
Pros: You’ll get a new device with updated technology and advanced features. Any repairs will be under warranty, which means many damages will be covered.
Cons: Buying a new tablet will be expensive; data transfer to a new device, learning to use it, and adjusting to the new features can be painstaking.
How do you know if your Tablet is damaged?
It’s not too difficult to know that your tablet is damaged. If you suspect anything wrong with your tablet, below are some of the common signs to troubleshoot:
- The most visible sign of damage is a cracked or broken tablet screen.
- Check if the charging port is loose and unable to connect to the charger.
- If your tablet screen is black or flashing, that means there may be water damage or damage to internal components that need immediate attention.
- Your tablet is not turning on, and/or its battery is not charging.
- If the tablet is becoming excessively hot, that means something is wrong with it.
- If you are unable to figure out what’s wrong with your tablet, you should take it to any reliable iPad repair or Samsung tablet repair shop in your area.
Can you fix a Tablet by yourself?
Yes, you can fix a tablet by yourself, but it comes with some challenges and risks. Therefore, before performing any DIY on your tablet, follow proper guides to perform it at home. Remember, the screen replacement repair process might differ from charging port repair and battery replacement.
If you are a novice, we recommend you know the challenges involved, and if you feel that you should not perform DIY repair on your tablet, it’s recommended to get it repaired by iPad repair or Samsung tablet repair professionals in your area.
DIY Tablet Repair
- DIY tablet repair is cheaper as you're only paying for parts, not labor costs.
- You have complete control over the parts used in your tablet and the repair process.
- Lack of experience can lead to additional damage to your tablet.
- Mishandling, especially of batteries and other critical parts, can pose safety risks.
Professional Tablet Repair
- Professionals have the experience and knowledge to handle all kinds of damage to the tablet.
- Many repairs come with a warranty of a minimum of 90 days.
- There is a reduced risk of further damage to your tablet.
- Professional tablet repair is more expensive than DIY repair.
- Handing over your device to a third party might expose personal data if you have not backed up.
- You might have to leave your tablet due to the overload at repair stores.
Should you buy a new Tablet or get it repaired?
Deciding whether to buy a new tablet or get your current one repaired can be challenging. It involves weighing factors like the cost of repair versus the price of a new tablet, which may vary a lot depending on the brand. Here are some pros and cons of both to help you decide:
Getting your tablet repaired
Repairing your tablet can be significantly cheaper than buying a new one.
Even after repairs, your old tablet may not last as long as a new tablet would.
You don’t have to go through the hassle of transferring data or setting up the new device again.
After repair, your tablet might face other issues down the road, adding up to the cost of more repairs that might be needed.
Buying a new tablet
Newer tablet models typically come with enhanced performance and better features.
Buying a new tablet is more expensive than repairing the old one.
You will get a manufacturer's warranty with a new tablet covering any damages for a specific period of time.
Adjusting to a new tablet’s features may take some time.
What type of Tablet repair services exist?
The repair stores offer several tablet repair services. The three primary methods that are used for tablet repair are: “mail-in repair services,” “local repair services,” and "come-to-you" repair services. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Mail-in Repair Services
- You can mail the tablet for repair to the repair store anytime without leaving your home.
- If you use a mail-in service, you are not bound to any repair store in your area. You can mail your tablet to any repair store that you are satisfied with.
- The process of mailing your tablet, getting it repaired, and returning it is time-consuming.
- Shipping devices pose a risk of damage during transit unless you buy insurance that adds to the cost.
- You’re sending your tablet to an unknown technician, which may pose some risks, such as wrong parts used and your tablet’s data being exposed.
Local Repair Services
- Many tablet repair service shops in your area might offer same-day or even on-the-spot repair for common issues.
- Avoid potential damage or loss associated with shipping the tablet.
- You can test the device on-site after repair to ensure it's working correctly.
- The repair store may not have the necessary parts on hand, increasing wait times.
- Some local shops may not be specialists for specific types of repairs for particular models.
Come-to-You Repair Services
- Technicians come to your location, be it home, office, or elsewhere at your chosen time.
- You don’t have to wait for shipping or drive to a repair store.
- You can have ease of mind by directly communicating with the technician during the repair process.
- Not all repair types might be offered due to the need for specialized tools.
- Come-to-you repair service might be more costly than the other two services.
- This service may not be available in all areas, especially in more remote or less populated locations.
How to choose the right repair store for your Tablet repair?
Choosing the right repair store for your tablet repair can be challenging. But, it’s an important step to consider to ensure you’re giving your tablet in the right hands. Below are some of the factors to consider when choosing the right iPad repair or Samsung tablet repair store in your area:
- Check the online reviews and ratings on local directories and on Google.
- Make sure that they specialize in different types of tablet repairs and models.
- Check if the repair store is offering any repair warranty. Any good repair store will offer a minimum 90-day warranty from the repair date.
- Ask about the repair prices from different stores and their turnaround time, and then compare each.
- Inquire about the quality of parts that they are using to repair tablets. Always ensure that they are using OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts or premium quality if using third-party parts.
- Last but not least, visit the repair store in person. This way, you can have an idea about their level of professionalism.
Who will be fixing your Tablet?
Simply Fixable will connect you to high-quality local repair stores that they have vetted and approved to fix your tablet. Over the past decade, they have facilitated the repair of hundreds of tablets, making repair services both affordable and accessible for the people living in the United States.
Where else can you get your Tablet fixed?
If you want to get your tablet repaired, you should visit Samsung for tablets or Apple for iPads or third-party repair stores. Getting your tablet repaired from official stores has an advantage; they use genuine parts for any repair. However, repairs can be costly if the warranty no longer lasts. Also, the wait times can be longer, especially if the service center is busy.
How are partner stores selected at Simply Fixable?
Partner stores for Simply Fixable are chosen based on a set of criteria to ensure high customer satisfaction. Some major factors include the quality and speed of service, the expertise and training of staff, their ability to diagnose device problems quickly, and their industrial experience.
The selected stores must also provide a minimum of a 90-day warranty, boast an impressive track record with at least 90% positive customer reviews, and be equipped with essential parts and advanced tools to handle any tablet repairs. Additionally, these stores must adhere to Simply Fixable's professional repair guidelines, ensure they have smooth appointment procedures, and offer competitive repair costs.
How are parts that are used during your repair sourced?
All repair stores partnered with Simply Fixable are required to use parts that adhere to industry standards for every tablet they repair. This ensures that repairs are done using only high-quality parts, maintaining the efficiency and durability of repair devices.
How to prepare your Tablet for repair?
Before sending your tablet for repair, it is important to back up your important data, remove your personal information from your tablet, and log out of all your apps and accounts. If possible, reset your device, as it will remove all of your personal files and data.
How long would the Tablet last after it’s repaired?
The longevity of your tablet after repair depends on the quality of the repair, how you have maintained it, and how old the tablet is. However, a repaired tablet can last several years with proper care and maintenance.
Tips to keep your Tablet running smoothly and avoid problems
Here are some useful tips you should follow to keep your tablet running smoothly and efficiently:
- Regularly update the software of your tablet to improve its functionality.
- Avoid overcharging your tablet and unplug it once fully charged.
- Don’t put your tablet in extreme temperatures to avoid overheating.
- Use a quality screen protector and protective case to avoid screen breakage.
Comprehensive Guide to Tablet Issues and Solutions
iPad Won't Turn On
iPad Battery Is Draining Fast
iPad Black Screen
iPad won't Charge
How to Clear Cache on Samsung Tablet
iPad Pro Won't Turn On
How to Clear Cache on iPad. Delete Cookies & Browser Cache
Tablet Repair Cost Guide
iPad repair cost in US
iPad Screen Repair Cost in US
iPad Battery Replacement Cost in US
iPad Charging Port Repair Cost in US
Tablet Repair Guide
How to Replace iPad Screen by Yourself?
How to Replace iPad Battery by Yourself?
How to Repair iPad Glass by Yourself?
iPad Black Screen - 8 ways to fix it
How to Fix Your Tablet Charging Port?
Is Apple Planning to Launch a 16-Inch iPad in 2023?
Coming in 2023: The new Google Pixel Tablet
Best Tablets of 2023
The best Android tablets 2023: which should you buy?
These 3 massive smartphone and tablet breakthroughs didn't happen in 2022, but likely will in 2023!
The best tablets in 2023. Tom's guide
The Pixel Tablet is coming in 2023
Google's 'Premium' Pixel Tablet Is on the Way for 2023
OnePlus's Anticipated Tablet Reportedly Coming In 2023
Expected New iPad Pros in 2022