Digital technology has become an integral part of our lives. But with these advancements, there come some challenges. Acer, which has become every household’s device, has a fair share of issues, such as laptop not starting, tablet having a black screen, or connectivity issues. All these problems can hinder the functionality of Acer devices, but they can be solved by following simple steps that we’ll share in this article.
This article will highlight issues that Acer users often face, such as overheating of the device, battery draining faster than usual, and touchscreen problems. We’ll also discuss the possible solutions to fix these issues by yourself, such as force restarting your device, replacing the battery, and updating the drivers.
Acer users encounter many issues with their devices. One of the most common problems is when their “Acer won’t turn on”. Many reasons contribute to this problem, such as overheating, battery issues, and software glitches. Some other common Acer issues include battery draining, touch screen not working, Acer black screen, and water damage.
· The charger or charging cable of your Acer device might be faulty.
· The battery might be damaged or very old.
· The charging port could be dirty or damaged, stopping it from charging.
· There might be an issue with the motherboard.
· Ensure the charger and cable are working properly.
· Clean the charging port gently using a soft cloth from dust or debris.
· Consider replacing the battery if it’s damaged or old.
· If the problem persists, seek professional assistance from a reputable store recognized by Simply Fixable.
· Avoid using third-party chargers as it can affect the battery of the device.
· Keep the charging port clean and free from any dust.
· Don't overcharge the battery. Take the plug off as soon as the device is charged.
· Ensure a stable power source when charging.
· Too many background apps are running in the background.
· The screen brightness is set too high on your Acer device.
· The battery is old or damaged, causing it to drain fast.
· There could be malware or software issues in your device affecting the battery charge.
· Close unnecessary background apps you are not using.
· Adjust screen brightness to a lower setting as it will optimize the battery.
· Replace the battery if it's old or damaged.
· Scan your device and remove any potential malware, if any.
· Regularly update your device software as it can fix the bugs.
· Limit the use of power-intensive apps on your device.
· Perform regular malware scans to keep the device away from any internal damage.
· Avoid placing your device in extreme temperatures.
· Blocked vents can cause inadequate ventilation, resulting in overheating.
· The cooling system of your device might be faulty.
· Heavy software or apps running constantly on your device can cause overheating.
· Dust accumulation inside the laptop’s charging port also leads to overheating.
· Ensure the vents are not obstructed and remove any dust.
· Reduce the number of apps running simultaneously.
· Place the device in normal temperatures to cool it down a bit before using.
· Regularly clean the vents and internal of your device.
· Avoid using the laptop on soft surfaces like beds, as it can block the vent.
· Update software and drivers regularly whenever they are available.
· Ensure the laptop has adequate ventilation.
· The software or operating system of Acer is corrupted.
· Overheating of your Acer device can cause automatic restarts.
· Your device might be a victim of a virus mainly caused by downloads from unknown sources.
· Boot in safe mode to diagnose software issues. You can do this by pressing and holding the shift key while you select power>restart. After that, select troubleshoot > advanced options > startup setting > restart. Once it restarts, there will be a list of options. Select “Start your PC in Safe Mode”. Remember, the process might be slightly different depending on your model and device.
· Place your system at normal temperature if it's overheating.
· Run a complete system malware scan and follow the steps to remove it if it suspects something.
· Regularly back up your data and update your system to fix the bugs.
· Install a good antivirus that can save your system from viruses.
· Avoid downloading from untrusted sources, as these downloads can bring viruses into your system.
· Monitor system temperatures and don’t let it overheat.
· The screen may be dirty, which is stopping the touchscreen from working.
· There could be software or driver issues affecting the touchscreen.
· Hardware malfunction or damage can also impact the touchscreen functionality.
· Touch functionality might be disabled in settings.
· Clean the screen with a soft microfiber cloth to remove any dust. Also, clean your hands before using it.
· Update or reinstall touchscreen drivers to check if the issue goes away.
· Check if touch functionality is enabled in the device’s settings.
· Consider consulting an Acer repair professional if it's a hardware issue.
· Regularly clean the touch screen so it doesn’t catch any dirt.
· Ensure the software and drivers are up-to-date.
· Use a screen protector to avoid any damage to it.
· There could be incorrect WiFi passwords or settings.
· Outdated or corrupted network drivers can stop WiFi from connecting.
· Router or modem issues are also the reasons behind connectivity issues.
· Double-check the WiFi password and settings on your device.
· Update or reinstall network drivers and then see if the issue resolves.
· Restart or reset the router or modem.
· Regularly update the network drivers on your device.
· Position your router in an optimal location so it can be easier to connect to WiFi.
· Secure the WiFi network to prevent unauthorized access.
· The display connection might be loose, causing the black screen.
· The laptop might be in sleep or hibernation mode.
· There could be an issue with the graphic card or driver.
· Ensure the laptop isn't in sleep or hibernation mode.
· Boot in safe mode to check for driver issues.
· If nothing helps, you should immediately take your device to a repair store.
· Regularly update the graphics drivers on your device.
· Avoid rough handling or dropping the laptop, which can affect the internal components.
· Keep the laptop away from water bodies to avoid any damage to the screen or drivers.
· Your device might be exposed to any form of liquids.
· There could be water spills on your laptop, tablet’s keyboard, or vent.
· Immediately turn off your device and disconnect from power.
· Remove the battery if possible and dry it out.
· Place the device in a dry environment so it can cool down.
· Keep your device away from water or any form of liquid.
· Use a waterproof laptop case or sleeve if you are carrying your device outside.
· Your device's memory card might be faulty.
· There could be conflicts or issues with the drivers.
· Malware or virus infections can also freeze the Acer screen.
· Boot your Acer device in safe mode to diagnose the issues.
· Run a malware scan and remove any potential viruses.
· If you feel there is a fault in the memory card, take the device to a repair store before investing in a new system.
· Regularly update software and drivers on your laptop.
· Avoid opening too many apps simultaneously, as it can often freeze the device.
· Regularly check for malware, as any kind of virus can affect the system.
· Ensure adequate RAM and storage for smooth operation on your device.
By following these preventive measures, you can enhance the longevity and performance of your Acer laptop:
Use a soft cloth to clean the screen and keyboard. For the internals, like fans and vents, use compressed air to blow out dust.
· Keep your operating system, drivers, and software updated to ensure optimal performance and reduce vulnerabilities.
· Don’t keep the laptop plugged in at all times. Charge it to 100% and unplug it, then charge it again when it’s around 20-30%.
· Always use the charger that came with your laptop or a trusted replacement.
· Make sure the laptop's vents aren’t blocked to prevent overheating. Use it on a hard, flat surface, or consider a cooling pad.
· Don’t leave your laptop in places that are too hot or cold, as this can damage the battery and internal components.
· Keep your laptop away from high-humidity areas or potential sources of water.
Several reasons could cause an Acer laptop not to start, including a dead battery, faulty power adapter, corrupted operating system, or hardware issues.
Yes, some Acer laptops come with a tiny pinhole reset button, usually located on the bottom of the laptop.
If your Acer laptop freezes, you can try pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds until the device shuts off. Then, restart it. If the issue persists, boot into safe mode and check for possible software issues.
For Acer laptops, the boot key is usually the F2 key. By pressing this key repeatedly during startup, you can access the BIOS setup. Alternatively, the F12 key can be used to access the boot menu.
Acer boot recovery refers to Acer's built-in recovery system that allows users to restore their laptops to factory settings in case of software problems or malfunctions.
A well-maintained device is not just about longevity; it's about making the most out of every digital experience. Unfortunately, sometimes, even the best devices can encounter some issues, but if you follow the steps mentioned in this article, you can eliminate these issues.
Author: Madiha Khadim
LinkedIn: Madiha Khadim
Tech Writer | Photographer
Madi is a dynamic tech writer with a passion for simplifying complex concepts. Her expertise lies in creating clear and concise guides, blogs, manuals, and tutorials that empower users to navigate the technological landscape with ease. Throughout her career, Madi has worked with numerous leading tech companies, collaborating with engineers, developers, designers and marketers to create user manuals, FAQs, troubleshooting guides, and tech articles, on the websites such as "Technology Castle" and "Bilzimo". She can transform intricate technical jargon into user-friendly language, empowering users to understand and utilize products effectively.
Apple Watch is renowned worldwide for its performance and quality, but that does not make it an exception to technical glitches every now and then. One of the m...Read more
iPads are a resourceful gadget for professionals and students alike. Their versatility, paired with incredible performance and a large screen, means users have ...Read more
Laptops have drastically made our lives easier. Whether you use a laptop for work or entertainment, its versatility to carry it anywhere at any time means it...Read more
Certified technicians in your neighborhood
Convenient service from booking to complete
90 days warranty for parts and labor
My screen was cracked and I called Fixable to get information and they were fast, convenient, and professional. I’m so glad I contacted them!
My iPhone was having problems. Fixable was very helpful. Great response time and communication. The service was great would highly recommend!
Awesome, awesome company and person to do business with. Was extremely helpful in helping me with a minor Microsoft Surface Pro laptop issue. Would love to come here again anytime!